Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 15 - Dinner: Nothing from the pantry!

My MIL, who is now living with us, was craving a baked potato. So tonight's dinner ended up being completely pantry-free: T-bones on the grill, baked potatoes on the grill (my favorite way to "bake" them!), frozen green beans almondine.

I did, however, make pasta salad using pasta (of course!) and one of those dozens of bottles of salad dressing from the pantry. I had to donate something for a school picnic. Previously, I probably would have carefully selected a recipe, made a list and gone shopping. This time, I volunteered my "kitchen sink" pasta salad because I knew I could use pantry items and improvise the rest. So, it turned out like this because it's what I had on-hand:
1 lb corkscrew pasta, cooked
1 bottle Kraft Light Italian Dressing
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 c sugar peas, julienned
1 shredded carrot
2 c broccoli florets
feta cheese

Mix it all up and Viola! Delicious as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment